Wednesday, June 13, 2012

BEAUTY BREAKFAST TOMORROW


Beauty Breakfast Panelist Carlos Huber

 It seems like we’re a minority, but I am a total morning person. 


When I was a little kid, I packed chapter books for sleepovers to be a quiet activity when I was the first to wake up.  I’ve been known to show up early to 8:30 classes. My favorite foods include coffee, croissants, egg sandwiches and everything bagels.  I’ve never owned an alarm clock because I love getting up early in the morning to sing in the shower and blow-dry my hair (much to the chagrin of my roommates). 

If you’re wincing, this event might not be for you. As a morning person, though, when I saw that Harper’s Bazaar was co-hosting a beauty breakfast with Barney’s tomorrow at 8:30AM, I knew it was an event for people like me as much as it was one for the beauty-obsessed.

Alexandra Parnass, the beauty editor for Harper’s, will be moderating a panel of experts over breakfast at Fred’s on the 9th floor of Barney’s Madison Avenue. 

The panelists are Claudio Riaz; of the eponymous lux cosmetic line, skincare brand owners Sunday Riley, Liz and Rachel Eldich, and Carlos Huber, the GQ man behind Arquiste fragrances.

They will discuss developing an optimal morning beauty routine and how it can “enhance your lifestyle”.
Tickets are available for $32.50 through Eventbrite, and a swaggy giftbag, $30 giftcard to Barney’s, invaluable tricks and tips, and June issue of Harper’s are promised in the event description.

I’ll be sure to follow-up with a report of what’s in the “ultralux” giftbag, the "invaluable" tips that come out over breakfast, and what you can actually buy for $30 at Barney’s…

No comments:

Post a Comment