Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shakespeare in the Park Update!



Last Tuesday, I was lucky enough to win tickets from the virtual line to see the Twelfth Night at Shakespeare in the Park. I was soo happy I got to see the production. I highly recommend bookmarking the virtual line sign-in and checking in first thing everyday. That's been my strategy the past two summers and it got me into Hamlet and now, Twelfth Night. I loved the costumes, the set, the music, the acting....it really was a splendid evening. Plus it didn't rain! Anne Hathaway was great as Viola/Cesario. I thought she nailed her performance. Hamish Linklater as Andrew was a cartoon come to life, and I mean that in the best way possible! His delivery, gestures, posture - it all seemed so effortless! For me, a measure of whether I'm enjoying sometime like a show/movie/concert is how frequently I check my watch. I was so absorbed in enjoying the performance that time flew by (show started around 8:15pm, ended by 11:20pm, with maybe a 20 minute intermission). Also, I think I smiled the whole way home. Big thanks to the Public for creating such an fantastic show and offering tickets to New Yorkers for FREE! Is this city great or what?

You only have until July 12 to see this amazing show, so either go stand in line, or click here to sign up for the virtual line:
http://www.publictheater.org/content/view/126/219/

Here's what the NYT thought of the production, published last week:
I Love You, You're Perfect. You're A Girl?

FYI: There is absolutely no photography/use of cell phones/mobile devices. The ushers are very serious about this, so don't plan on taking pictures of the actors!

1 comment:

  1. how often have you won the virtual lottery for tickets? i'm trying to figure out how good the odds are...

    ReplyDelete